Tax Day Release of wolfSSL 2.6.0
Sick of all the tax day giveaways that you don't really need, or worse, have to wait in line for? How about a no wait release of CyaSSL 2.6.0 instead? New features include:
- DTLS 1.2 featuring AEAD ciphers. We're excited about this feature and welcome any feedback.
-SHA-3 finalist Blake is now supported. Blake2b is extremely fast and uses very little resources, so we like it a lot.
- Support for SHA-384 cipher suites including ECC ones is included as well. And if you ever need to do HMAC with SHA-512 that's now supported as well.
- The example client/server can now track memory and stack use with -t and --enable-stacksize respectively.
- IPv6 examples/tests now allow link-local with scopeid resolution and full ipv6 addresses instead of defaulting to localhost. As before, use --enable-ipv6 to turn on IPv6 in the examples and don't forget -b on the server to bind to any interface.
- CYASSL_GENERAL_ALIGNMENT manipulates the SSL input/output buffers to align crypto access for easier integration with hardware support. SSL itself isn't very friendly to alignment with 5 byte TLS headers and 13 byte DTLS buffers, but we think we have a good solution for this.
- Many new ./configure options including disable/enable for rsa, dh, dsa, md5, sha, arc4, null (ciphers), oldtls, and asn (no certs or public keys allowed). ./configure options are all lowercase now for better consistency. A cyassl/options.h header is also now generated during the ./configure process that allows a user to easily use the same settings/flags that cyassl itself was built with.
Please see the README and our on-line documentation for more information or feel free to contact us.
Happy Tax Day,
Originally posted at: http://www.wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/Blog/Entries/2013/4/16_Tax_Day_Release_of_CyaSSL_2.6.0.html